Leadership Programme – From Competent Manager to Effective Leader
This leadership programme is about developing leadership skills by enhancing your communication style and understand how to harness the energy, enthusiasm and motivation of the people around you. It will take you from competence as a manager, to leader.
There are many differences between management and leadership. Being a competent, or even a good, manager is an important development stage. Taking the step up from manager to leader requires additional skills and attitudes. On this leadership programme you will learn how the way you interact with other people affects them, and how you can dramatically enhance your effectiveness by communicating effectively and inspiring those around you.
Leadership programme content
Two day leadership programme in which the content can be tailored to specific requirements.
- Your leadership style and impact on others – compare each of the leadership styles and the effects they have on people and performance.
- The essentials of leadership – engage and involve your team to achieve strategic objectives.
- Problem solving – analyse and solve problems both at team and organisational level.
- Support and develop your team – embrace the performance management process and propel people to the top of their game.
- Understanding interpersonal effectiveness – interpret the power of body language and emotion in line with our effectiveness.
- Different types of conversation (up, down and across) – maximise effectiveness in different hierarchical situations.
- How to have great conversations – modify your approach to all conversations and predict what makes them great, and from whose perspective.
- Exceptional communication skills – applied to: delegation, coaching, objective setting, negotiations and inter-department collaboration.
- Where to invest your energy as a leader – invest your energy where the greatest opportunities lie and improve performance.
- In the moment ‘the power of NOW’ – manage situations that make you feel uncomfortable through adopting the right mindset ‘Be Here Now’.